Job Posting – Pic Mobert Children’s Community Space: Early Childhood Education Supervisor.
We are currently looking for a full time Early Childhood Education Supervisor. The Centre Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and leading the work of all staff at the childcare centre.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the day to day operations of the childcare facility, including scheduling for business needs, opening and closing procedures, ready for business standards and delegation and execution of duties;
- Responsible for ensuring that all relevant legislative requirements are met with 100% compliance, including Children and Family Services/Daycare licensing, Public Health Department, Fire Department, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Freedom of Information and Privacy Act;
- Motivates and leads staff through personal example regarding client relations, Centre cleanliness, program development, classroom leadership, health and safety practices, uniform standards, staff relations, and compliance with corporate programs;
- Recruits and selects qualified staff in conjunction with Area Directors and Human Resources and oversees staff development through on-going training, performance appraisals, discipline and fair and consistent leadership;
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards and disciplinary action, with the assistance of the Health and Social Manager, when necessary.
- Maintain employee work schedules including projects, job rotation, training, vacations and paid/unpaid time off, cover for absenteeism and overtime scheduling;
- Maintains positive community relations through attending outside meetings and committees, networking with community agencies, accessing the changing needs of the community
- Resolves parent complaints through excellence in customer service and adherence to policy guidelines and efficient follow up;
- Performs other related assignments as required
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Early Childhood Educator
- Early Childhood Educator Credentials required (Diploma, Certificate or Registration with the College of ECE) as according to applicable provincial regulations
- Knowledge of children’s development, agency policies and human resources procedures
- Infant/Child C.P.R. and First Aid updated yearly
- Knowledge of Child Care programs and thorough knowledge of provincial childcare regulations including all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- A criminal reference check will be required
- Completed 2 Step TB Immunization (Tetnus, MMR)
CLOSING DATE: Only applications received by Friday December 14, 2018 will be considered. Please send a cover letter with a resume, proof of registration with the College of Early Childhood Education, and current criminal reference check to Rosalind Andrews. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all that apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.