Job Posting – Pic Mobert First Nation: Governance Agreement Coordinator
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference for the Pic Mobert First Nation membership, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
As a Governance Coordinator within the Pic Mobert First (PMFN), you will play a key role in our Governance Support Program, aid in the delivery of product initiatives and define various project requirements.
As the successful candidate, you are high-energy, flexible, and have experience in various aspects of project delivery, including project coordination, program level or portfolio reporting, assisting in financial oversight and project management methodologies. You will establish relationships with key business partners, working in tandem to define and implement solutions that will enhance our initiative on the Governance Agreement Act.
Please note: Base salary for this role will consider local market data along with candidate skill and experience.
Assist Band General Manager and Chief and Council with the following functions:
- Assist in large complex projects and lead components of these projects
- Supports daily and monthly tasks of large complex projects through coordination, managing, documenting of project activities and tasks.
- Lead components of the large complex projects.
- Would also support portfolio level reporting as necessary.
- Facilitate the development of project scope, objectives and associated project plan documents
- Create and maintain the project timeline, monitoring and reporting on any trends, variances and changes in priorities
- Track and report on project
- Prepare project status reporting
- Document minutes and action items from meetings
- Support centralized tasks across multiple projects to optimize efficiency and best handle priorities
- Understand and adhere to corporate project governance standards
Knowledge & Skills:
- You possess knowledge and understanding of project management methodology, process design, workflow analysis, and project documentation
- You have strong leadership skills, influencing skills, and time management skills
- You have an eye for detail and quality with strong analytical, problem definition and problem solving skills
- You’re a people person, skilled at building effective relationships with project partners
- You’re also great with technology, in particular with using Microsoft Word, Power Point, Microsoft Office
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, and feel at ease when presenting to groups or facilitating meetings
- You can prioritize conflicting workloads/deliverables in an environment with changing priorities
- You’re flexible, adaptable with extraordinary aptitude for change, and see yourself as a true change champion
- Strong communication skills and solid organizational and problem-solving skills
- 2+ years’ experience delivering various sized projects in a project methodology-based environment
- Project management experience
- Comfort working within a First Nation organization
- Proven successful client relationship management experience
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with the Pic Mobert First Nation Governance team.
Please submit your resume and three references to
Attention: Patrick Miller
Band General Manager
Box 717 207-2nd Street
Pic Mobert First Nation
Mobert, ON. P0M2J0 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will only be accepted up until noon on Friday, April 12, 2019.